Are you THE ONE Hong Kong?
THE ONE Hong Kong Humanitarian Award (hereafter “THE ONE HK”) seeks to find and honour unsung heroes in Hong Kong who are doing good for and within the community. Recognition of the unsung hero aims to further his or her good work with a money reward and at the same time aims to boost the spirit and morale of people in Hong Kong to serve and to encourage more selfless good work. This is in line with the Rotary motto of “Service above Self”.
We are looking for a caring individual who truly puts Service Above Self and;
- Gives totally to the cause
- Dedicates his/her daily life to the improvement of mankind
- Advocates for humanity
- Works for the highest standard of good
- Acts with compassion and kindness
- Regardless of gender or ethnic background, serving Hong Kong for at least 2 years
“THE ONE HK” AWARD
- Winner of THE ONE HK 2023 will be awarded a cash prize of
HK$ 500,000 and a trophy. He/she will automatically qualify as a semi-finalist of THE ONE International Humanitarian Award 2024.
- The two runners-up will each receive HK$150,000
All the award money will go towards the awardees’ humanitarian efforts.
- THE ONE HK award will donate, in the name of all three nominators of the awardees, HK$5,000 each to an HKSAR Government approved charitable organisation or a Rotary club in Hong Kong designated by this nominator.
*All the award money will go towards the awardees’ humanitarian efforts.
- Winner of THE ONE HK 2023 will be awarded a cash prize of
The Chainrai Foundation is the major award donor of THE ONE HK.
Other sponsors include Dr. David Harilela and the Rotary Club of Kowloon Golden Mile, Rotary Club of Kowloon West, Rotary Club of Admiralty, Rotary Club of Dragon Hong Kong, Rotary Club of Golden Bauhinia Hong Kong, Rotary Club of Kowloon Tong, Rotary Club of Metropolitan Hong Kong, Rotary Club of Harmony and Prosperity Hong Kong and Rotary Club of Hong Kong North Point.
- Candidates must have provided outstanding and remarkable service to the community;
- Candidates must have worked for their cause for a minimum of two years in Hong Kong;
- Candidates must have demonstrated daily dedication and continued devotion to humanitarian efforts; and
- Candidates must have promoted integrity and advanced understanding, goodwill and harmony in society through their humanitarian efforts.
- Candidates must be a Hong Kong Resident aged 21 or above. There are no limitations to gender or race.
- Candidates cannot be *Rotarians, Rotaractors, employees of a club, district or other Rotary entity or of Rotary International. Spouses, lineal descendants, and ancestors of persons in the foregoing categories are also ineligible.
*This rule also applies for any ex-Rotarian/Rotaractor who has left Rotary for less than three years.
- The award will not be presented posthumously.
- Any candidate previously awarded a cash prize by THE ONE organising committee will not be eligible to apply again; all others are welcome to apply.
- A candidate representing an NGO that has previously received a cash prize from THE ONE will not be eligible to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CANDIDATES, FINALISTS AND THE AWARD RECIPIENT
- Candidates are responsible for keeping THE ONE organising committee updated on any changes in their information and the progress of their humanitarian projects as required.
- Candidates agree to fully co-operate with their Nominator and THE ONE Organising Committee for their nomination.
- Candidates should ensure that all information provided to THE ONE Organising Committee is true and correct.
- For award prize release procedures, please observe the guidelines on THE ONE website, www.theoneintl.org.
- THE ONE organising committee reserves all rights to the following conditions:
– Any candidate nominated for THE ONE HK can be removed from consideration if there is misconduct or wrongdoing or scandal associated with the candidate or charity he/she represents.
– The spokesperson must demonstrate integrity and exemplify as a role model to others in the community. THE ONE reserves the right to suspend or terminate his/her role as a spokesperson if the winner fails to maintain good standing during his/her term.
- The winner of THE ONE HK will act as a spokesperson for THE ONE HK and may not represent any other award during their year of tenure as THE ONE HK winner.
- The winner of THE ONE HK of the current year will automatically qualify to compete in the semi-final round of THE ONE International Humanitarian Award in the following year.
- Any materials taken by THE ONE of any of the finalists or awardees including interviews, photographs and videos etc, shall remain the exclusive property of THE ONE.
- The three finalists must be available for promotion and interviews and THE ONE reserves the right to use such materials produced for promotional purposes.
- THE ONE organising committee reserves the right to use all materials submitted by candidates including photos and videos for promotional purposes.
- The three finalists are required to attend THE ONE Award Gala Dinner in May/June 2023 in Hong Kong and are responsible for their personal health and wellbeing for the duration.
Responsibilities of the Nominator
- The nominator is responsible for ensuring that all the contents submitted for the nomination are true and correct.
- The nominator is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that the prize money given to the awardee is used in accordance with the approved proposal by THE ONE. The nominator’s duty is to ensure that due diligence is carried out.
- If the candidate becomes a finalist of THE ONE HK, the nominator should assist them in completing their project proposal and reports as required by THE ONE’s stewardship sub-committee.
- The nominator will act as the liaison between THE ONE organising committee and the candidate and assist if any communication problems occur.
- The nominator should ensure the candidate has a full understanding on the award criteria, eligibility and responsibilities of being a candidate, finalist and awardee.