Are you THE ONE Hong Kong?
THE ONE Hong Kong Humanitarian Award (hereafter “THE ONE HK”) seeks to find and honour unsung heroes in Hong Kong who are doing good for and within the community. Recognition of the unsung hero aims to further his or her good work with a money reward and at the same time aims to boost the spirit and morale of people in Hong Kong to serve and to encourage more selfless good work. This is in line with the Rotary motto of “Service above Self”.
We are looking for a caring individual who truly puts Service Above Self and;
- Gives totally to the cause
- Dedicates his/her daily life to the improvement of mankind
- Advocates for humanity
- Works for the highest standard of good
- Acts with compassion and kindness
- Regardless of gender or ethnic background, serving Hong Kong for at least 5 years
“THE ONE HK” AWARD
- Winner of THE ONE HK 2019 will be awarded a cash prize of
HK$ 200,000 and a trophy. He/she will automatically qualify as a semi-finalist of THE ONE International Humanitarian Award 2020.
- The two runners-up will each receive HK$80,000
All the award money will go towards the awardees’ humanitarian efforts.
- THE ONE HK award will donate, in the name of the nominator who nominates the winner, HK$5,000 to an HKSAR Government approved charitable organisation or a Rotary club in Hong Kong designated by this nominator.
The Chainrai Foundation sponsors all the monetary awards of THE ONE HK.
- Candidates must have provided outstanding and remarkable service to the community;
- Candidates must have worked for their cause for a minimum of two years in Hong Kong;
- Candidates must have demonstrated daily dedication and continued devotion to humanitarian efforts; and
- Candidates must have promoted integrity and advanced understanding, goodwill and harmony in society through their humanitarian efforts.
- Candidates must be a Hong Kong Resident aged 21 or above. There is no limitation as to gender or race.
- Candidates cannot be *Rotarians, employees of a club, district or other Rotary entity or of Rotary International. Spouses, lineal descendants, and ancestors of persons in the foregoing categories are also ineligible.
*This rule also applies for any ex-Rotarian who has left Rotary for less than three years.
- The award will not be presented posthumously.
- Any candidate previously awarded a cash prize by THE ONE organising committee will not be eligible to apply again; all others are welcome to apply.
- A candidate representing an NGO that has previously received a cash prize from THE ONE will not be eligible to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CANDIDATES, FINALISTS AND THE AWARD RECIPIENT
- Candidates are responsible for keeping THE ONE organising committee updated on any changes in their information and the progress of their humanitarian projects as required.
- The three finalists are required to attend the THE ONE Award Gala Dinner in May/June 2019 in Hong Kong and are responsible for their own personal health and wellbeing for the duration.
- THE ONE organising committee reserves the right to use all materials submitted by candidates including photos and videos for promotional purposes.
- The three finalists must be available for promotion and interviews and THE ONE reserves the right to use such materials produced for promotional purposes.
- Any materials taken by THE ONE of any of the finalists or awardees including interviews, photographs and videos etc, shall remain the exclusive property of THE ONE.
- The winner of THE ONE HK of the current year will automatically qualify to compete in the semi-final round of THE ONE International Humanitarian Award in the following year.
- The award recipient of THE ONE HK will act as a spokesperson for THE ONE HK and may not represent any other award during their year of tenure as THE ONE HK winner.
- THE ONE organising committee reserves all rights to the following conditions:- Any candidate nominated for THE ONE can be removed from consideration for THE ONE if there is any misconduct or wrongdoing or scandal associated with the charity he/she represents.- The spokesperson must demonstrate integrity and exemplify as a role model to others in the community. THE ONE reserves the right to suspend or terminate his/her role as a spokesperson for THE ONE if the winner fails to maintain good standing during his/her term.
- For award prize release procedures, please observe the guidelines in THE ONE website, www.theoneintl.org.
Recognition of Nominator
The nominator should be responsible to ensure that all the contents submitted for their nomination is true and correct.
The nominator should read the nomination documents carefully and ensure the candidate has a full understanding on the award criteria, eligibility and responsibilities of being a candidate, finalist and awardee.
The nominator will act as the liaison party between THE ONE Organising Committee and the candidate and assist if any communication problem occurs.
If his/her candidate becomes a finalist of THE ONE HK, the nominator should also assist their awardee to complete the proposal and reports as required by the stewardship sub-committee.
The nominator has the duty and obligation to oversee and ensure that the prize money given to the awardee is used in accordance with the approval given by THE ONE organising committee. The nominator’s duty is to ensure that due diligence is carried out.